GivingLight for Uganda
The task seems huge, but God is bigger. Where there is a vision, there is a provision. That provision comes in many different forms and about in many different ways from the hands of God. One way God works to accomplish His purpose is to touch the hearts of people to participate in the vision. It’s been an amazing faith journey and we want to invite you onboard.
We have seen those who have helped with their resources experience the wonderful blessing of practicing generosity. It is a practice of reciprocity. We don’t give to receive, but we have watched God take care of the Ugandan people’s needs through donors, and then, watched the blessings boomerang back to meet the needs of those cheerful givers.
You can’t outgive God! Malachi 3:10
We pray and hope you will be a part of this Kingdom work as we, together, touch lives and make a difference to “that one”.*
Ways to Help
Sponsor an Orphan
Your donations will help to ensure these vulnerable children are well taken care of and have a chance for a good future.
Give Now >
Give Towards a Special Project
- Boys Dorm–Currently, the boys are being housed in a rented building which is in bad repair. There are holes in the floor and a leaky roof. They need a warm, dry place to live which will nurture them and give a good quality of life to these boys.
- Science Lab–Needed is more science lab equipment and better classroom.
- Salaries–Due to Covid in 2020 and rising inflation, there has been a shortage to pay the salaries for the staff which includes teachers, guards, a nurse, cooks, and dorm parents. Any donation toward salaries cuts down the overall budget and helps ensure that the students will continue to have a quality education as well as good staff to take care of them.
Your willingness to give, even, every now and then is a huge blessing.
Give Now >
Support Cornerstone House of Prayer Ministry in Fort Portal, Uganda
- Pray for the church and leadership, especially Dr. Moses Mujaguzi, Senior Pastor and Director of King’s Kids Orphanage.
- Give a one time or continued gift for Cornerstone House of Prayer for:
- General offering
- Ministers Fund – In serving the Lord in Kingdom work, many of the ministers struggle to make a living, largely due to the composition of the church congregation. Most of the church congregations, in this part of Uganda, are made up of people who have very little and, even though, they give out of their little, much of the time, it is not enough to supply the ministers. You can make a difference in the ministers’ lives by giving to help with their living needs.
Give Now >
To give by credit card or bank draft…
you may mail a check.
Donations by check can also be made. Write your check to Texas Arms of Love, memo line Light for Uganda and mail to:
Texas Arms of Love
P.O. Box 5137
Midland, Texas 79704
**If you want to donate to a specific item, please, include a note with your check.
Light for Uganda, a project of Tx Arms of Love, Evangelical Development Ministry, a 501c3 organization.
What if I cannot afford to give, but want to help?
- Inform others in your circle of influence— family, friends, church, school and work associates which can be done through everyday conversation or by passing out or mailing Light for Uganda cards.
- Have a lemonade, bake, garage, or craft sale. Ask friends to do the same.
- Sell a few items on Next Door or Facebook Marketplace- a wonderful way to get your children involved
- Host a fundraiser—Walks or Runs, Bunco night, Sports Tournament
- Host a party or dinner for orphans—we can help with the planning.
We covet your prayers lifting up to the Father these father-less kids, and asking for provision to come from our God “who owns the cattle on a thousand hills”. Psalm 50:10